Sunday, May 20, 2007

Shipping Down to Florida


Hello from Tom Burke and family in Sturbridge, MA. For those of you that I don't know, JJ and I have been friends forever and served as “best man” in each of our weddings.

I spoke with Mark Dilling last evening while he and Kellie were visiting with JJ and Liz at the hospice. Obviously, they are very happy to be there and to help out in any way they can.

I was able to talk with JJ (although I did have to make him pause the "Robot Chicken" DVD he was watching), and he was in great spirits. The hospice is much more comfortable and inviting than his hospital room, and hopefully (if he can manage his pain medications) he will be able to go home early next week.

I was able to give John some good news. My wife Cheryl and I, along with our daughters Hannah and Caitlyn, will traveling down to Florida this coming Wednesday (May 23rd) for a visit until Saturday. John and Liz met Hannah when she was just 2 months old and have yet to meet Caitlyn who is now 18 months old. John sounded psyched that we were bringing our girls for a visit! We can't wait to get there!

Will keep you posted upon our return.

Take care and keep the LOVE coming!

-Tom
Ps> Kenny, I received your message last night. Thanks for the update! We’ll have to get “Ode to the Lovebug” recorded when we get back!

No comments: